Nowhere in this post did I link to any left wing sites.
Also, while I believe there is a ton of bull shit left-wing media, I still read and view it. You won't even look at the right wing perspective. So for that matter, as intelligent as some of arguments may be, I can't agree with you on a lot of things, because I think you block certain things out without even considering it. I know you'll say "yes I block out right-wing whore media". But you don't block out "left-wing whore media" like farenheit 9-11 now do you? In fact you'll probably even attempt to argue that its not left-wing whore media, which is when I will begin to laugh.
A bit one sided wouldn't you say?
Nowhere in this post did I link to any left wing sites.
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I know. what I was saying is that anything that you read is either somewhat left or right. And what ever sources you are reading that say Bush "stole the election" is left wing. Those that defend it is right wing. I think non-partisan sources, if that even really exists, would say the whole thing is fucked up and hard to really judge. but would not be fair to really say either way b/c there are arguments for both. Which is all I've been trying to say this entire time. So think what you will. But I'm done with this now.Originally posted by two drink minimum:
Nowhere in this post did I link to any left wing sites.
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Haha, like I've never seen this tactic used before. The old "give it a chance" suggestion.Originally posted by hour_of_darkness:
Also, while I believe there is a ton of bull shit left-wing media, I still read and view it. You won't even look at the right wing perspective. So for that matter, as intelligent as some of arguments may be, I can't agree with you on a lot of things, because I think you block certain things out without even considering it. I know you'll say "yes I block out right-wing whore media". But you don't block out "left-wing whore media" like farenheit 9-11 now do you? In fact you'll probably even attempt to argue that its not left-wing whore media, which is when I will begin to laugh.
A bit one sided wouldn't you say?
Conservatism is inherently evil, I have seen it at work for the last 4 years, and I won't waste my time reading Conservative propaganda from any of the sources you gave me.
By the way, who is the left wing media whoring for?
Haha, like I've never seen this tactic used before. The old "give it a chance" suggestion.
Conservatism is inherently evil, I have seen it at work for the last 4 years, and I won't waste my time reading Conservative propaganda from any of the sources you gave me.
By the way, who is the left wing media whoring for?[/QB][/QUOTE]
You're right,its inherently evil. Don't waste your time with right wing propaganda, stick to the good old reliable sources like your masterpiece Farenheit 9/11 that is in no way whore media or funded by Canada. Then its used to give terrorists inspiration, that one I love.
Liberalism is holy. It tells you that everything about your society is evil while you enjoy all its benefits. Just like John Kerry and his 8 SUVS and private jet.
But you're right, everything about conservatism is corporate and corrupt and evil and you should stomp it!
And what better way to do it then posting about how evil it is on the internet with your high speed connection on your ipod. And watching movies that are totally a one sided agenda and make a fat guy that easily influences people by manipulating facts MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
Left-wing propaganda is just as bad as that on the right. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You're right,its inherently evil. Don't waste your time with right wing propaganda, stick to the good old reliable sources like your masterpiece Farenheit 9/11 that is in no way whore media or funded by Canada. Then its used to give terrorists inspiration, that one I love.Originally posted by hour_of_darkness:
Haha, like I've never seen this tactic used before. The old "give it a chance" suggestion.
Conservatism is inherently evil, I have seen it at work for the last 4 years, and I won't waste my time reading Conservative propaganda from any of the sources you gave me.
By the way, who is the left wing media whoring for?
Liberalism is holy. It tells you that everything about your society is evil while you enjoy all its benefits. Just like John Kerry and his 8 SUVS and private jet.
But you're right, everything about conservatism is corporate and corrupt and evil and you should stomp it!
And what better way to do it then posting about how evil it is on the internet with your high speed connection on your ipod. And watching movies that are totally a one sided agenda and make a fat guy that easily influences people by manipulating facts MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
Left-wing propaganda is just as bad as that on the right. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.[/QB][/QUOTE]
I thought you were done with this thread, no?
I don't believe I have mentioned Fahrenheit 9/11 once in this thread. You can call me on it if I have though.
Let me explain why Conservatism is evil. The farthest right wing idealogue would prefer to leave people dying on the streets than to shell out tax dollars. That is evil, if you disagree, that's your opinion.
Liberalism isn't holy, although for all you Christians out there, Jesus was a socialist. It also doesn't "tell me" that everything and everyone are evil. There are some really caring people out there that care for the human side of society, I happen to believe that John Kerry is one of them. Of course he is rich, but he has repeated many times that he is against the tax cuts for himself. He wants the middle class to receive the tax cuts and the wealthy, like himself to pay more. I don't know anything about 8 SUV's, that sucks if he does have them, but I know that he couldn't win a presidential campaign without a private jet.
As for Moore, he donated a large amount of money to other film makers and to the American Library Association from his profits.
I am blessed to have high speed internet, but right now my IPOD is broken. If anyone is planning on buying one, don't, it's a piece of shit.
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 11, 2004 03:43 PM: Message edited by: two drink minimum ]</font>
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You're right,its inherently evil. Don't waste your time with right wing propaganda, stick to the good old reliable sources like your masterpiece Farenheit 9/11 that is in no way whore media or funded by Canada. Then its used to give terrorists inspiration, that one I love.Originally posted by two drink minimum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by hour_of_darkness:
Haha, like I've never seen this tactic used before. The old "give it a chance" suggestion.
Conservatism is inherently evil, I have seen it at work for the last 4 years, and I won't waste my time reading Conservative propaganda from any of the sources you gave me.
By the way, who is the left wing media whoring for?
Liberalism is holy. It tells you that everything about your society is evil while you enjoy all its benefits. Just like John Kerry and his 8 SUVS and private jet.
But you're right, everything about conservatism is corporate and corrupt and evil and you should stomp it!
And what better way to do it then posting about how evil it is on the internet with your high speed connection on your ipod. And watching movies that are totally a one sided agenda and make a fat guy that easily influences people by manipulating facts MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
Left-wing propaganda is just as bad as that on the right. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I thought you were done with this thread, no?
I don't believe I have mentioned Fahrenheit 9/11 once in this thread. You can call me on it if I have though.
Let me explain why Conservatism is evil. The farthest right wing idealogue would prefer to leave people dying on the streets than to shell out tax dollars. That is evil, if you disagree, that's your opinion.
Liberalism isn't holy, although for all you Christians out there, Jesus was a socialist. It also doesn't "tell me" that everything and everyone are evil. There are some really caring people out there that care for the human side of society, I happen to believe that John Kerry is one of them. Of course he is rich, but he has repeated many times that he is against the tax cuts for himself. He wants the middle class to receive the tax cuts and the wealthy, like himself to pay more. I don't know anything about 8 SUV's, that sucks if he does have them, but I know that he couldn't win a presidential campaign without a private jet.
As for Moore, he donated a large amount of money to other film makers and to the American Library Association from his profits.
I am blessed to have high speed internet, but right now my IPOD is broken. If anyone is planning on buying one, don't, it's a piece of shit.
<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ September 11, 2004 03:43 PM: Message edited by: two drink minimum ]</font></font>[/QB][/QUOTE]
I don't know if you remember me mentioning this in a past thread, but John Kerry has lived and paid taxes in Massachusetts for over 20 years. In massachusetts there is a box that people in the highest tax bracket can check in order to pay more in taxes to help reduce those for those in the lower brackets. John Kerry has never checked this box. So if he really truly, sincerely cared for other people and wanted to pay more taxes to help them, he could have done it for over twenty years, but chose not to. Maybe he's more compassionate with other people's hard earned money than he is his own.
I don't believe i am inhumane or uncompassionate by feeling that this is a country where your own decisions determine your own future. I'm not saying don't help homeless people with no direction. I'm saying with a four trillion dollar federal budget, there should be no reason to raise taxes any higher. With that sort of a budget we should be able to find a way for affordable healthcare, quality education, etc. With the amount of money taken from people's paychecks already where its at, I feel that tax payers are already doing enough to help. The government needs to use our money more efficiently and people need to accept responsiblity of their own decisions and do what they can to provide for themselves.
I don't believe the Bush administration uses our tax dollars correctly.
I don't believe Kerry would use them correctly. But Kerry will raise them, something he's chosen for over twenty years not to do for his own self. And Kerry's stance on taxes, isn't going to help anymore people on the streets than are being helped right now, I gaurentee it.
Also, I never said you mentioned Farenheit 911 in this thread, I said you had mentioned it and passionately defended it in others. My point was that while you will not consider hardcore right wing propaganda, you look at hard core left wing propaganda as though it is factual information. As far as Moore donating money, if donating money is important, over the last decade Bush has annually donated an average of $35,000 to charities. I can not remember Kerry's number, but it was far below and this was from an article I read in USA Today.
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 11, 2004 09:32 PM: Message edited by: hour_of_darkness ]</font>
Yeah, and I am sure you have all the papers to confirm that Kerry didn't check a box giving money to the poor. Is that even a matter of public record???
You are just becoming absurd at this point. Honestly, take this bullshit and return it to where it came from, whether it was your ass or Free Republic (both equal sources of news).
I find it amuzing that people like you assume that one day you will be able to take advantage of Bush's massive tax breaks when you hit it big. Well, guess what, you will never reach that status, and neither will 95 percent of this country.
I'm ready for another four years, further wage drops, more war, and potential nuclear explosions. You and your ilk will be tragically surprised.
"As for the details that are known about Kerry's finances, in 2002, he reportedly had an income of $144,091. He paid $29,946 in federal taxes, $7,286 in Massachusetts state taxes, and gave $18,600 to charity. The Associated Press also reported that Kerry filed separately from his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, who has a fortune estimated at more than half a billion dollars.
In 1997, Kerry reportedly had a taxable income of $217,338 and gave $21,795 to charity. In 1996, according to the Boston Globe, Kerry had a taxable income of $143,795 and paid $31,328 in federal taxes and $8,235 in Massachusetts state taxes. He donated $14,325 to charity.
Kerry's returns from 1995 and earlier, before his marriage to Heinz, have sometimes attracted criticism over the issue of charitable giving. In 1995, according to published reports, Kerry reported a taxable income of $126,179, and charitable contributions of $0. In 1994, he reported income of $127,884, and charitable donations of $2,039. In 1993, he reported income of $130,345, and contributions of $175. In 1992, he reported income of $127,646, and contributions of $820. In 1991, he reported income of $113,857, and contributions of $0.
As far as Bush is concerned, in 1991, the future president, then a private citizen, reportedly had income of $179,591, and charitable contributions of $28,236. In 1992, Bush reported income of $212.313, and contributions of $31,914. In 1993, Bush reported income of $610,772, and contributions of $31,292."
Massachusetts residents are given a limited choice every year on how much to pay in income taxes. The state's top rate was 5.8 per cent before being lowered to 5.3 per cent. Since 2001 residents have been able to choose between the old rate and the lower one. John Kerry chose the low rate according to Massachusetts analysis of state tax returns.
As far as me not making it to the level to benefit from tax cuts:
1. Unlike you its not just about what I will benefit from. Its about what is right and accepting that I determine my own future from the decisions that I make.
2. Speak for yourself. Maybe you won't succeed. I plan on doing everything I can to do so and if I do I sure as hell am not going to feel guilty about it or that I owe you anything. If I don't, those that have don't owe me anything and I don't want it. I realize that if I want what they have I need to maybe try and do things differently.
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 12, 2004 02:16 PM: Message edited by: hour_of_darkness ]</font>
Bookmarks